Why join MA?
If you have been diagnosed with Meniere's disease, joining Meniere's Australia is a positive step in learning to manage your condition and overcome any feelings of fear, frustration, anger, depression or social isolation.
Our support extends to your family and friends and can help them to understand the problems and feelings you are experiencing. An independent 2006 survey of MSGV members confirmed the vital role support groups play in helping people cope with Meniere's. Read the survey (PDF 197KB).
JOIN MA AND ENJOY THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS!
New Member Membership Pack Value $65+
- A copy of the book Understanding Meniere's Disease ~ Updated, 4th Edition 2007. A comprehensive explanation and overview edited by Lynn Polson OAM. (Value $AUD 20.00)
- Access to the online Members' Centre. The Members' Centre is your key to obtaining up to date information on Meniere’s disease, keeping your membership details up to date, allowing you to communicate easily with the Meniere’s Resource Centre and develop friendships with other members.
- A subscription to MA’s quarterly newsletter Equilibrium. Our jam packed newsletter contains the latest information on living with and managing Vestibular Disorders including Menieres disease, helpful advice, personal stories and updates on Meniere’s Australia activities. (Value $AUD 20.00)
Equilibrium is delivered every 3 months to your inbox.
Note: If you require a printed and posted copy, there will be an extra $10 cost to cover our printing, handling and postage costs.
- A CD/DVD called ‘Less Salt~Better Health’ packed full of information that can help you reduce your salt intake (Value $AUD 20.00)
- A Meniere's Help Card for your bag or wallet - this has information about Meniere's symptoms and room for you to write emergency contact numbers - helps others help you if you have an attack in public. (Value $AUD 5.00)
- A 25% discount on registration fees for member meetings and discounts on several products from our online catalogue. (Value $AUD 20.00)
Member Meetings & Special Interest Forums
Members enjoy a 25% discount on attendance fees and refreshment costs. General meetings are held for members three to four times a year. Family and friends are welcome to attend. These meetings feature guest speakers, discussions and information about alternative therapies. See our Event Calendar for details of upcoming meetings around Australia.
- Members are able to access our confidential telephone counselling service. (Cost for non members is $15 for 15 minutes)
- You can get written advice from our trained counsellors.
- You can access the Meniere's Resource and Information Centre library of resource materials. These include books, videos, audio tapes and information sheets on specific aspects of Meniere's. Members can borrow in person or we can email materials to you.
- You are entitled to discounts on some of the items for sale in our on-line resource catalogue.
Join online right now: MA membership application form